Re: [Harp-L] Some questions for chromatic players..

On Apr 16, 2009, at 3:52 AM, Dave Dix wrote:
My teacher told me Toots had told him he (Toots) considered he'd lost 10 years of his playing career by wasting time with the 64. Although Stevie seems to manage ok...

Yes, but Stevie is almost (quasi) using a 48 reed instrument (by default) inasmuch as he is hardly ever in the first octave of the 64, and not much even in the second octave. Kid seems to like the sonic bat signals from the upper 2 octaves.. lolol (frankly, so do I.....from him anyway).

With the chrom your brain has to know where all those notes are!

That's correct. The chromo is a 2 story instrument with apartments on BOTH floors and BOTH sides of the hall. The slide is the stairs. I good mailman can deliver the mail to all the apartments and reach the correct resident (note). A shemp who can't should consider applying for some OTHER civil service job. (giggle)

smo-joe

Good luck Sam, and let's compare notes in a few months.