Ray.
--
My Music - www.resgraphics.com/music

On Apr 11, 2009, at 8:04 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:12:04 -0600
From: Rick Davis <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mick's crappy, collectible harp amps
To: Mick Zaklan <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx>, Harp-L <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>

I agree 100 percent. A new player -- if he aspires to play amped harp --
should certainly buy an amp right away. I recommend a 5-watt tube amp, such
as the Harp Gear H2 or the Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack. These are new,
high quality practice amps that will also work well on stage if mic'ed or
lined out to the PA.

A new player should not, in my opinion, spend the money for a big
performance amp. That will come later after he knows his way around a tube
amp. A new player should never dive into the murky world of vintage harp
amps. That may be fun for the ardent gear heads among us, but it can be a
source of great frustration for new players. Don't believe any of the
extravagant claims on eBay and elsewhere.

Buy a new, small, good quality tube amp and get busy with it. No matter how
good you get, you will always appreciate having the small practice amp. If
you decide to pursue drums instead (for example), a small amp is less of an
investment to have risked, and good small amps are easier to sell
anyway.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/