Re: [Harp-L] Re: Country Harp example

Randy Singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

Regarding Terry McMillan
<snip> " ... Terry was able to deliver the classic country sound of Charlie
but also give it more hard edged blues."

Thanks for that great info Randy regarding Nashville session work.  Since
Terry McMillan's name has come up several times in the last few weeks
(Amazing Grace, Ten Percent), I feel it is about time to mention again
Terry's work on the blues album "Renegade Gentlemen" with jazz guitarist
Larry Carlton.  Yes, that's right, a jazz guitarist and a country harmonica
player combining on a hard blues album.  Some just great, straight,
overdriven blues harp playing on that album by Terry M (he's on most
tracks).  The album definitely takes some jazzy turns at times, and Terry
hangs in there.  Always wanted to see him live, and sorry I did not.

Fred S