Re: [Harp-L] re: Seydel Concerto otave harp - liking it (Winslow Yerxa)

This one is German major tuned like a standard diatonic (remember, Richter, like Knittlinger, is a type of construction and not a tuning). But I'm certain it dates to before 2005 - more like 1995-ish.

I was mistaken in saying that the comb of the Concerto I have is not wedge-shaped. It is a wedge, but not as steep an angle - and a good deal deeper and thicker - than the Auto Valve comb. Looking at the dark plastic comb in dim light I didn't notice the mild inward slope of the Concerto comb from back to front.

Also, like other Seydel diatonics, the Concerto has more widely spaced holes than its Hohner counterpart. If you've already played Auto Valve a lot, this might take some getting used to (hasn't bothered me).

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa