[Harp-L] Re: lee oskars and overblows

It is possible to overblow on a Lee Oskar without nail polish or other additive, though doing it consistently requires a lot of modification to make the harp more airtight. I did a couple of videos for YouTube on this subject -- please forgive my excessive hair, as it was over a year ago. And the commenters seem to think I talk way too much.

Demo and explanation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVxyuXsUEk
Hardware modding - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pXsL2xeyI

Those reed plates aren't dirty -- the discoloration can't be removed by any technique I have tried. It is my oldest harp, and I don't actively play it anymore. With all those caveats... I hope you find the videos useful.

Jonathan Metts
Prairie Dog PR
Ph: 205.435.0991
pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx / prairiedogpr@xxxxxxxxx