[Harp-L] Harp player for the Coral Reefer Band

Tom McGovern wrote:
<snip> .....And on the Buffett soundtrack album released a few years ago (I forget the name of the movie--it was about a school science teacher [Buffett] teaching the kids environmental awareness), Tom Ball (of our Harp-l list, I believe) was playing some great harp on a few cuts. Was it you, Mr. Ball? <snip>
Yep, t'was I. There were 16 pieces of harmonica music used in the film "Hoot." Two of them (Jimmy Buffett songs "Floridays" and "Werewolves of London") featured Fingers Taylor, and another snippet had harp by a member of the band Mofro. The other 13 harmonica spots -- all instrumentals and played with Jimmy Buffett's Coral Reefer Band -- are me. These were recorded live at Conway Studios in Hollyweird.

In fairness to Fingers, he probably would have been the logical choice for the spots I played. As I understand it though, he was scheduled for back surgery at the time and was therefore unable to make the CA sessions. I love Fingers' work and was honored to come in out of the bullpen as a relief-pitcher. Fun stuff!

cheers and good harpin' to all,
Tom Ball
Santa Barbara CA
http://www.tomball.us