Re: [Harp-L] Youtube is too easy

Cannot comment with any weight or expertise, as I am just a hacker myself, but I thought that was terrific!
Mike

--- On Fri, 4/3/09, David Fertig <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: David Fertig <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Youtube is too easy
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, April 3, 2009, 9:30 PM

With trepidation I submit for Harp-L's withering and informed criticism,
ridicule and train-wreck-gaping a youtube of my harp playing today.

As they say, "put up or shut up," so here's a bunch of noodling
over a backing track, I got to take number four, and just took it.   I was
losing passion for the loop.

Now I too can be reminded every day that I ain't "all that!"
And yes, I started playing 39 years ago, but I never studied or worked at it.
Obviously!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POPKcA71wrA

Of course, I prefer to play with a live band, we
(http://www.myspace.com/jetstreamblues) will be at the Rancho Bar in Altadena,
CA April 25.   Bring fresh tomatoes, and some salt.

-Dave "what are dynamics?" Fertig