Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tone Gear Grail blah blah blah

Really?  A pro player with the "right equipment" is a hack if you think his
chops are poor?  Wow...

If a guy is pro - as in making a living at it - his chops are evidently good
enough for his audience.  I'm not gonna cast stones.  And what does "right
equipment" mean?  What is the right equipment?

I'm not sure every harp player needs to live up to some arbitrary level of
"chops" to avoid being branded a "hack."  We all have different strengths.

And we arrive at those strengths in different ways.  If your amped tone was
terrible -- if you were a hack -- before you were able to get good accoustic
tone, that is your story.  Other people can develop fat tone and good
chops using amps and mics, whether they be the "right equipment" or not.