Re: [Harp-L] vox da5

"John Kerkhoven"wrote:
<Has anyone here tried a Vox da5 battery-amp?
<
<I know that, in the end, I need to try it and decide if I want it (for busking primarily), but I'm <interested in any impressions/experiences others may have.

I did a workshop in Brooklyn last summer, and one of the people at the workshop had a DA5.  Among other things, it has an XLR input for a microphone.  He was running a lo-Z mic into that input, with no lo-to-hi-z transformer, and to me it had a nice, big amped blues sound, much better for harp than the Roland MicroCube.  I don't think the DA5 would be my choice for loud and clean.

Regards, Richard Hunter
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter