Re: [Harp-L] James Cotton Live Tonight in Jacksonville Florida

Gary,

Cotton is playing the Seydel 1847 Silvers, with white polymer combs.

Best,

Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

On Sep 27, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Gary Warren <gdubya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK here's the short review.  Definitely happy I went to
see him.  He played sitting down.  It was obvious that
he doesn't have the wind he used to have, so the superharp
we hear on record isn't what we hear now.  But was it
great to see him.  YES.  A fine band behind him too.
It wasn't the longest set, and the band did about a half
hour without him before he took the stage.

He played what looked to be Big River harps with white
combs, but I'm not sure as I wasn't right up close to
the stage and my eyes aren't what they used to be.

The coolest thing for me was that at the end of the show
when he was selling CDs and signing stuff.  I was wearing
a T-shirt that has a screen print of him and Little Walter
getting ready for a gig, taking stuff out of a big caddy.

When I walked up, he and his lady had their faces totally
light up as they saw the shirt.  She said we have that picture
in our living room.   And the caddy is yellow (you can't tell
that on the shirt.)  He signed my shirt by his pic as a young
man.  Something to remember!!!  I'll always remember his
smile and shaking his hand.  And his playing of course.

Does anyone on the list have a copy of the picture that
I'm describing?  If so, please post me.  The combs might
be Corian and made by one of our list members, ala the
rainbow harps I've seen Jason Ricci play.

GW