Re: [Harp-L] REF; Harp L Digest Vol 61 Issue 104 MSG # 1 Audix Fireball vs Shure 545

JW <namlrp33@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<*Ron, Your mic tests sound good however, the Astatic JT 30VC did not stand a
<chance unless Ron had installed a 5 Meg Ohm Grid Resistor at the input.
<Because the crystal element in there needs 5 Meg Ohms resistance to bring
<out the entire range of the tone it's capable of.  Also if your pot is not a
<5 meg ohm and it's a 500K it can also steal from the 5 Meg Ohms. *

Cool, what happens to the sound of my other mics if I have a 5 Meg Ohm resistor at the input?

Thanks, Richard Hunter