Re: [Harp-L] RE: Combs - I surrender with my last word

Vern,
You proved it to me!
The comb material IN MY OPINION  makes no difference to the sound the
harmonica makes... AT ALL!
OK Perhaps a metal comb might be a little louder, because of reflecting the
sound internally. It's also more stable than wood, which swells and contracts
more.
But as to "tone"
Wood = Same sound
Plastic = Same sound
Metal = Same sound
Concrete= Same sound
YES a comb made of frozen jelly will seem strange to the player, but IT
WON'T affect the sound of the harmonica. In my opinion.
John Walden
London
England

In a message dated 24/09/2008 12:09:18 Pacific Daylight Time,  jevern@xxxxxxx