Re: [Harp-L] Which Hole Number?

Not me. I'm a sax  player. It's been a while since I played because of my
denture work, but at  times I've been hired to play only sax. I'm a solo guy,
don't play with horn  sections very well. Anyway, I learned to play sax the same
way I learned to play  harp. I just put on some funk or blues and kept on till
it sounded right. I  don't think I know a whole scale on the sax, just
patterns that sound cool, but  when I play lead I can just lay back and let my
fingers do the work. I play in  positions I guess. I can play in any key on an alto
or Tenor or C melody but  there are 3 keys on each that are a whole lot
easier than others.

       The thing  is................practice................practice
.....................practice. I drove everybody nuts for a while. With the harp
it's very important to hold it the same way every time. I'm speaking of
diatonic's which is what you are trying to learn right? Like somebody already  said,
after a while you can just take the harp in your hand and put it to your  mouth
and be at any number or hole that you want. I tell people I'm teaching to  do
this with the 2 hole drawing. Then the octave up from that.

                                                 It works if you work it so
to speak.

        Stay in there bro, it'll come to  ya.

               Peace
          Randy                                   BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 9/25/2008 1:13:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,