[Harp-L] great music venue on Long Island, New York...

My favourite venue on Long Island to see some of my favourite jazz
instrumentalists is The IMAC (not to be mistaken for IMAX) Theatre in  Huntington.
It's long been a dream of mine to have Jason Ricci and New  Blood play this
venue...the acoustics are incredible.

Here's a link to the venue and a few of the upcoming acts booked  for the
rest this year:ck, Blues and  New O

Rock, Blues & New Orleans R&B - the subdudes, Friday,  September 26, at 8p.m.

_http://www.imactheater.org/subdudes2008.html_
(http://www.imactheater.org/subdudes2008.html)

An Acoustic Evening with- John Sebastian & David Grisman-  Sat. October 11th,
2008 @ 8pm_more details_
(http://www.mail-dog.com/link.html?url=60&client=IMAC&campaign=85&email=egs1217@xxxxxxx)

A show I never miss:

Guitars & Saxes- Gerald Albright, Jeff Golub, Jeff Lorber &  Peter White-
Sat. October 25th, 2008 @ 7pm & 9:30pm_more details_
(http://www.mail-dog.com/link.html?url=68&client=IMAC&campaign=85&email=egs1217@xxxxxxx)

The ultimate Led Zeppelin experience- Get The Led Out-  Fri. November 14th,
2008 @ 8pm_more details_
(http://www.mail-dog.com/link.html?url=89&client=IMAC&campaign=85&email=egs1217@xxxxxxx)

Folk Guitarist & Singer/Songwriter- Richard Shindell-  Sat. November 22nd,
2008 @ 8pm_more details_
(http://www.mail-dog.com/link.html?url=80&client=IMAC&campaign=85&email=egs1217@xxxxxxx)

Guitar Blues- Jorma Kaukonen, Robben Ford & Ruthie Foster-  Fri. February
6th, 2009 @ 7pm & 9:30pm - Unfortunately was just  cancelled...

there are other jazz performances I haven't listed...

some of you jazz or folk fans in the area might find other interesting
people you might want to come out to see. It's a non-profit organization  whose aim
is to bring music of all kinds to the public... and the  performers are an
eclectic mix. There are a lot of spectacularly good  restaurants in the area
with the Long Island Rail Road stop about a mile  distant..a short cab ride (or
fairly brisk walk) away.

some more details about the theatre:

 _http://www.imactheater.org/index.html_
(http://www.imactheater.org/index.html)