Re: [Harp-L] Misc. harp questions and thanks

I've found a different approach to be totally effective - pushing the  throat
out is what I call the "pre-yawn" attitude - it is what happens when you
just begin to yawn. Learn the feeling and keep the throat in this position
whenever you play harmonica - it opens up your internal chamber to its maximum  and
gives a good foundation for large sound. It is here that radio/tv schools
teach you to open in order to get that James Earl Jones "Luke. I am your
FAHTHER". tone.

It is the tongue alone that can control the bending - without having to  move
the jaw. Once you understand the concept and find the "sweet spots" at the
back 2/3 of the tongue, there is actually very little motion required to
achieve  all bends. The only challenging areas are those very low tuned harmonicas
and  the first few inhale bends - then you have to focus even farther back.

In a message dated 9/21/2008 10:05:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,