[Harp-L] Position Question

I have a question about the correct labeling of positions.  Assume a Richter-tuned diatonic in C.

I get that the positions are based on the circle of fifths, which are major keys.  I have also read that positions and modes should not be confused.

Recently, there have been discussions regarding fourth and fifth positions.  When I look at and listen to the song examples, these seem to be minor key tunes.

My question is this:  Shouldn't a song in Am be considered first position since it is the relative minor of C, and a song in Em would be second position since it is the relative minor of G?  Rather than Am being called fourth position and Em being called fifth position?  It seems that fourth position should be A Major and fifth position should be E Major.  If not, then would playing in Cm on a C Major harp be considered first position?

Is there a definitive answer here, or is this an area where people disagree about the terminology?

Thanks.

Scott Blair

PS SPAH was great.  It was terrific to meet so many excellent harp players, of all types of music.