Re: [Harp-L] Elk River Harmonicas contest results (congrats W.Va. Bob)

I don't know why I typed Ridgewell. I don't even know any Ridgewells. Yes, it's Ridgeway, same name as the guy who took over for MacArthur in Korea...

Dave

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel Gage <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:02:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Elk River Harmonicas contest results (congrats W.Va. Bob)

Any chance the second place winner was Dan Ridgeway, not Ridgewell?

Ridgeway, (who is frighteningly good on harmonica) just moved to MA, and said something about driving down to WVa.  Seems like too much to be a coincidence.

You can see Dan Ridgeway on youtube, by the way.  His stuff is pretty fantastic.  He's so talented, that I've insisted on calling him "Harmonica Dan" since I met him.

Dan Gage

David Fertig <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And congratulations to the winners!!

-Dave Fertig

Just back from the Mid-Ohio Valley Harmonica Championship Jason played AWESOME!
I played one with my cousin Roger Adkins, this Jason played. Then, the
contestants played and we had a nice jam at the end. It was actually a pretty
good show...

First Place, our Bob McGraw (W.Va. Bob) from Bluefield... He swapped chromatics
and diatonics all over the place. He won a Seydel 1847 and a SWEET six-harp
leather custom case from Cumberland Cases.

Second place: Dan Ridgewell, Sommerville, Mass... no kidding, he drove from
Mass., won a Seydel Big Six.

Third place: Dick Kirk, won a Seydel Solist.