[Harp-L] Elk River Harmonicas contest results (congrats W.Va. Bob)

Just back from the Mid-Ohio Valley Harmonica Championship Jason played AWESOME! I played one with my cousin Roger Adkins, this Jason played. Then, the contestants played and we had a nice jam at the end. It was actually a pretty good show...

First Place, our Bob McGraw (W.Va. Bob) from Bluefield... He swapped chromatics and diatonics all over the place. He won a Seydel 1847 and a SWEET six-harp leather custom case from Cumberland Cases.

Second place: Dan Ridgewell, Sommerville, Mass... no kidding, he drove from Mass., won a Seydel Big Six.

Third place: Dick Kirk, won a Seydel Solist.

 So it was all pretty awesome. There is video that will be uploaded on Youtube later of Jason playing... should get some more video in, Dan's dad shot some and said he'd sent it to me later.

I also got a video of Jason RIcci, Brady Mills and I shooting guns right after the contest. We were shooting a WWII British Enfield (which I customized) .303. a Marine Band, shooting it open sights (no scope). That video will up soon. We used a rifle from that era to illustrate (not seriously) how they would have gotten the lead into the alloys on the prewars and we were recreating that process..
We were shooting a Marine Band at 25 yards and a Silver Shadow at 50 yards, nonserviceable harps and the Marine Band was of the newer reeds we don't like anyway.... Brady got close on the Silver Shadow, so did Jason, but they could not quite hit it. So, I put a few bullets through them. The first time I hit the Marine Band, it was just like in the movies where a guy gets shot in the shirt pocket and the harp saves his life. It was weird, found the Marine Band about 30 feet away and the bullet did not penetrate, but it blew three out of four coverplate bolts out (I had drilled this one for bolts).
Next shot I  I hit the Marine Band right in the 2 draw (I was aiming for the five draw zone) and the bullet went right through..
Did get some good footage of Jason shooting a water-filled 2 liter Bubba Cola bottle at 25 yards. Got the Bubba cola bottle exploding, etc. We got some good footage.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
www.elkriverharmonicas.com