[Harp-L] Garden State a Sad Day

It's a sad time in the harmonica world with the Garden State cancelling the October festival. You have to start thinking again about the demise of the harmonica trio world.  Granted the Jersey festival was not all trios, but it catered to the senior world of harmonica players.  They just aren't coming out to the gatherings as strong as they have in the past.  Age, economy, transportation,  all work into the cause, but attendace is way down for the "Greatest Generation".  In St Louis this summer, a solid trio world was missing and I sure miss the mix of the the older players.  This trend has been prevalent the last 10 years.

I hate to see an event get cancelled.  It hurts.  I know the work that goes into putting together the party and know that Shelly would have done anything to make it happen this year.

Paul Davies