RE: [Harp-L] Cm7b5 (no harp content, unless you consider music related to harp)

> From: michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx
> Why do they write this chord out as Cm7b5?> Why not Cm75b?> Is it to separate the 7 and the 5 visually?
FUNNY SUBJECT LINE Mr. Rubin
that is the convention
b or # then the chord/scale tone
most people say it that way too

It is also written as CØ (that is C with a slashed circle, in case the character did not come through)
--this is the symbol for half-diminished -because the dominant 7th degree was not diminished (flatted)

harp content - I have been working out a cool montuno pattern with patial chords on chromatic - in Eb minor
chords are
Eb minor/Eb min6
Fmin7b5
Bb7