[Harp-L] comb material.

I'm not hugely opinioned about this,but for what it's worth here's my two
bob's worth.

I prefer wood mainly because to me it a question of temperature. I find
wooden bodied harps heat up quickly when you play them. In a gig situation this
is important because the harp i feel works better when warm. In saying that
though the GM is my harp of choice and i buy cherry wood combs from Italy and
fit them.

      Metal bodied harps i feel take much longer  to heat up and also,don't
know if this is just me but,they make my saliva glands  go intae overdrive to
the point my back teeth are floating.

     As far as telling whether a harp has a  wood,metal,plastic or whatever
kind of comb fitted i really think i'd struggle a  bit.

   Cheers,Al.