RE: [Harp-L] More info about combs

Let me fire the first salvo in opposition to the conclusion of that study:

Just because you don't think you hear a difference doesn't mean it isn't there.

(And yes, Steve Baker, I agree, it is ironic that I would make that comment given the discussion you and I had in the vendor room at SPAH this year.)

Jonathan Compton

> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:52:11 -0400
> From: thalchak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Harp-L] More info about combs
>
> Well, I have gotten several responses about comb material and before I go
> any further, it seems that history is repeating itself.
>

> Please see the following link which refers to a study done by SPAH in 1998
> and reported on this very list.
>

> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Harmonica/combs.htm
>

> If that information is accurate then this whole conversation might be a
> waste of time.  Also I found this site as well which nobody seems to be
<<<snippity snip snip...conserving bandwidth since 1989...>>>