RE: [Harp-L] IF I know the Harp L guys

Marc, I'm afraid you need to recalibrate your sarcasmometer.  Either that, or I need to use mine to check your message again.  (I also suspect that you may not have watched the video.)

Having watched and listened to the youtube clip myself, I propose you make the following edit to Sam's original message to translate it into nonsarcasmenglish:

Strike "Too bad she's so homely - I'm afraid her chops won't be able to overcome her looks" and replace it with "She is also very attractive with mesmerizing eyes and an enthusiastic energy that accentuates her musicality."

Or something like that.  Hey, what do I know, maybe Sam meant something totally different.

Personally, I thought her guitar playing was the musical highlight.  She has a beautiful voice, although she did have some pitch problems later in the song.  I didn't have time to listen to the advertised different version on her website before leaving for work this morning, but I suspect it may not have this problem.  Her harp playing was arguably appropriate for the song, but I can see how some non-harp enthusiasts may think it could have been omitted.

And before someone jumps on the "how dare we provide critique of her music", remember, she uploaded it to youtube.  I believe that opens the door to constructive critique.

Jonathan "maybe he has something on youtube you can pick on too" Compton