From: hazcon <hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] tuning permanent blue thirds
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 7:26 PM

I am sure that im not the first one to think about this but i'd like some
opinions on the pros and cons.
 To set up (say) a C harp for purely pentonic blues in 2nd position only,
why not drop the blow E notes down to give a permanent blue third.(not a
whole semitone)
                 Or maybe just on blow 8?
I mean the pure E seems to be basically unused right through the 1 1V V
progressions.
Thoughts?
Rick
inNZ