[Harp-L] Harp Companies

The recent discussion on sources of harps online reminded me of an outstanding issue I had with one of them.  I also realized something I hadn't before which led to an apology to Harp Depot.  Since I shared my inappropriately-placed dissatisfaction publicly, I am sharing my explanation and apology publicly as well.

I had posted several times on this forum over the past year and a half about a problem I had with an order for reed plates that had not been fulfilled.  I thought I had been charged for the product and I was very unhappy that it was taking over a year to fill the order.  There was just one small little detail that I had wrong that changes everything.  I had *not* been charged.  In fact, not only was I not charged for the products that were not shipped, but also I was charged less for shipping than estimated on the original order.  So while it's still frustrating that the product wasn't available, and while the communication from the company early in the process was less-than-ideal, my public reaction to the issue was completely unwarranted since I was never out any fundage.

So to Harp Depot, I apologize for reacting inappropriately based on my misunderstanding of the issue.

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled bickering about comb material or gear or obscure facts about artists most people have never heard of or something.

Jonathan Compton
Misery, Missouri