[Harp-L] Paris in October - Looking for blues people

Hello,

I post my answer, not in private because I guess that may interest more people.

Mox is right…
In  Paris the two first places people found of blues tells you about are

Utopia : http://www.utopia-cafeconcert.fr/
And the “One Way Café” : http://www.myspace.com/onewayclub

I you are in Paris at 22:00 on the 6th of October I recommend you to come to Utopia for the concert of Greg Szlapczynski  who is a very good harp player. Otherwise Twice a Month, Jean-Jacques Milteau is playing there with his guitarist “Manu Galvin” . On the 6th  I am just back from Belgium (Harp festival) but I think I am going to see Greg at Utopia (many harp players there and people found of blues ;) …).

For some concerts with blues in France for October you can have a look on this page of “Blues Magazine” (pay attention to the addresses : i.e the one in Paris)
http://www.bluesmagazine.net/B_Concerts_festivals/conc.php3#octobre

For some other places where you can listen blues live as well (there is a section for Paris) but also Jazz :
http://www.bluesmagazine.net/E_Bars/bars.html

To find some Jam in Paris : http://www.parisjam.com/jam.php (sorry that’s in French)

Some Sites for Paris (to prepare your balades) :
 http://www.parillusion.com/
http://www.paris.fr/

If you come with your daughter I recommend you this place on every Wednesday evening from 21:00 :
http://www.melodyblues.com/default.asp?goto=program (but it is 40€ for the concert and 2 drinks) … That is one of the best way to discover Paris by night and with good live music (sometime blues but more often Jazz). Very good experience (take your camera you understand there)

If you get lost the metro is very good to find your way again ;-) … get a Map of the metro and of Paris...
Perhaps if you come for 3 weeks in Paris is to get a “carte Orange” to be able to move by train, metro etc without having to buy a ticket every time and also to make your life more simple (ask to the guy at the “guichet” for explanations)

OK for now… If you need some translations on French sites for example tell me :)
Have a nice trip in France (To be honest Paris is a nice place; I am from Paris but I am not sure the people are the more representative there for the “acceuil” for example)… If you can try to move a little in some other places of France :) to get a better feeling of the place (Orleans, Nancy, etc…) …

Patrice
http://www.myspace.com/leptiloup

Discover the new Windows Vista