Re: [Harp-L] Help! I'm being electrocuted by my Kalamazoo Model 2 ?

A power conditioner won't help the problem if the plug for the Kalamazoo amplifier is non polarised and plugged in oppositely in reference to the other electrical devices. The voltage potential is coming from the Kalamazoo being plugged in with the hot lead grounded to the chassis via a capacitor. If you are touching the Kalamazoo and anything else that references ground or neutral you will get a shock. The capacitor has a limited capacity to allow the power through. Micro amps of current in fact. It's such a small amount of current that a GFCI will not trip. The short term solution is turn the cord around in the outlet. The long term solution is install a 3 prong cord and remove the capacitor to ground. It isn't the ground that solves the problem it is the polarised cord that does it. A GFCI would do something worthwhile. It would protect the user against a catastrophic event where the chassis had full amperage power being grounded through you the user. fjm