[Harp-L] Great Combs from Chris Reynolds

Hi

I'd like to publicly thank Chris Reynolds http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com for the great work he recently did for me. I'd been looking for alternative combs for Hohner 364s and 365s (including SBS) for a long time with no luck, and Chris came through with some beautiful brass combs and plate mounting. I've been experimenting with some altered tunings that involve 11 to 13 holes; now there's nothing holding me back.

These combs are finely finished, with awesome aesthetics and great feel on the mouth and tongue - on a couple, he experimented with a nice "radiusing" effect (ala the Seydel 1847) that I like a lot. The weight of course IS substantial (finishing my third set of bicep curls right now ;>) so you've got to know what to expect. I need to replace the long-harp rack I trashed, and have a feeling these heavier babies are going to help tame the lateral movement problems I've experienced in the past.

It's really great to have craftsmen like Chris in our midst - always experimenting and creating, and forever enthusiastic.

Thanks Chris,
Staggerin' Jim
Listen to Roots Harmonica at http://www.live365.com/stations/staggerinjim