Re: [Harp-L] Donald Davidson

Just checking to see if I could post a link to the aforementioned P.C. ('Percy') Spouse. No actual sound files, just stuff for sale (see Amazon: 'Band in a waistcoat pocket':
http://www.amazon.com/Band-Waistcoat-Pocket-Harmonica-Australia/dp/B0000040RR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1221023943&sr=1-1
But P.C. gets a mention on a site concerned with pianist composer George Winston, in reference to his 'Celtic' influences (along with Sam Hinton among others)
Here is George playing a 'bagpipe drone' thing called 'Flowers of the Forest':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXLfIHjNycQ

...and here he is doing stride piano:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGrahDkQdzY

...now that's what I call versatile!

RD

>>> "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> 10/09/2008 14:35 >>>
It's titled 'Stirling Castle', but he goes into 'Soldiers Joy' halfway through.
Great playing. What!? no overblows? No bent notes even!
Who is this recidivist, this reactionary!?
What is that site Tom? I tried to get into the homepage, but couldn't find it.
That's a lot like our old time master, Percy Spouse (Aust.)
Thanks!
RD

>>> Tom Ball <havaball@xxxxxxx> 10/09/2008 13:42 >>>
I don't believe I've ever seen the name of (Scotsman) Donald Davidson
addressed before here on Harp-L, but I just thought some of you might
be interested in hearing this:

http://ia341024.us.archive.org/3/items/StirlingCastle/raretunesdonaldsonstirling_64kb.mp3

Piece is called "Stirling Castle," dates from 1929 and was recorded
for Beltona Records.  Interesting stuff.....

cheers,
Tom Ball
Santa Babs