[Harp-L] NHC: MicroTrack help

I wonder if anyone has had the same experience I'm having with my MicroTrack.  (1st generation)

When I press the record button and listen to monitor the recording I get nothing but static.
The VU's look like they are functioning normally.  When I listen to the playback thru the MicroTrack I get nothing but static whether thru the headphone or line out jacks.  I've tried 4 different memory cards and even the ones I previously recorded on won't play back thru the recorder.

BUT, yes big BUT, when I download the file into i-tunes the audio is clean. This really pisses me off because I just deleted 3 hours of band practice thinking the memory card was corrupted.

I never had a chance to register the recorder with M-audio because there was a problem with their website
accepting registration info.  Now I'm screwed with a recorder I can't monitor the audio.

Their website and owners manual give no trouble shooting info. Since I'm not registered I can't access their user website. %^&*()_+'s.

mike