Re: Re: [Harp-L] amplifier recommendation

I think what fjm means is that the Epi Valve Junior half stack is
inexpensive... It is NOT a vintage Fender or Premier amp.  If it gets
scuffed or chipped on the road it's no big deal.

Gary Smith prasies the Epi Valve Jr. half stack.  It's hard to go wrong with
it as a starter amp; it sounds great right out of the box with no
tweaks.  The caveats I mentioned before apply...:  It ain't loud enough to
gig with -- or hit the jam sessions -- unless the band is very sympathetic
to what you are trying to do.  You'll need to mic it, or use a DI such as
the H&K Red Box.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/