Re: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan Signature Harmonica Gripe

On Sep 8, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Rob Paparozzi wrote:

Ahhhh but if we are seeking the 'respect' that other instruments have, shouldn't we be concerned with "Quality" not "Quantity", we are already a 'popular' instrument but low on the food chain of musical instruments.

I mean what is the player looking for in a Dylan or Tyler 'harp spec' wise? "Yeah I need a harp that I can get sloppy bends and broken single notes on....,-)"....ok sorry to be so cynical but you get my drift.....,-)

I don't see Banjo companys making the "Steve Martin" sig series or Violin companys pushing a "Jack Benny" model....now, I'm not calling Dylan or Tyler comedians but when you've put in as much time on the instrument as most of us on Harp-l...you have to wonder why we go from Toots and Adler on Chrom to Dylan and Tyler on Diatonic surely we can set a better example than that.

But if it's ONLY about $$$ than I guess my point is moot.... just my 2cents
best,
Rob P

Right on the money Rob and while we're on this subject, I think one of the large mega-harmonica compaines should come out with a Christmas model. The "Rob Paparozzi 'A Christmas Song' model". Because no one will ever do that tune the way you do it. Every time I hear it, it makes me cry.

smo-joe (p.s. early mornings on the Danube in Sept. can be foggy and 49 degrees, so take a 'sweat shirt-jacket' just to take the nip out of the air).