[Harp-L] Scandnavian Acoustics and a travel tip

I did my first gig in a Limestone Quarry called 'Dalhalla' in Rattvik, Sweden Sat. Nite..it was just gorgeous, the Stadium is built into the massive Rock backdrop and the base is filled with rain & natural spring waters which separates the stage from the bleachers....my Harmonica sounded HUGE!,-) here are two shots of the this exquisite and unique venue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalhalla or a slideshow is available with some history on their website:

http://www.dalhalla.se/

They they did a show and a Russian Symphony had set up along the top perimeter of the quarry filling it with sound!

Our concert in Hamar, Norway was outdoor as well but in a tent....next time I will pack warmer clothes as both nights it was pretty brisk out there!

any suggestions on how to pack for Budapest and Israel next week are greatly appreciated,-)

ps...oh, a quick travel note: with all my travel you'd think I'd have it down...but last thurs at the EWR airport in Jersey, I boarded my plane and sat down to take out some items for the long flight to Oslo. To my surprise I notice my MacBook Pro Laptop was 'missing' from my briefcase!

Since we had about 30 minutes til take off, the Attendant suggested I go back to TSA security and see if it was there....but the security checkpoint was FAR from our gate....so I ran as fast as I could (where are those lil' airport carts when you need them?!!!) I got back to the checkpoint and saw a few TSA guys and huffed and puffed out my statement, "I left a silver Apple Laptop in the bin, anyone find it?"

One of the younger fellows smiled and said, "we were wonderin' when you were comin back for this!?" and smilingly went over to a locker and came back with my laptop, I showed my passport and signed for it" and thanked them profusely....then ran back and slid on as they were closing the cabin door....whew, THANKS TSA I retract all my previous moaning complaints about you. They really impressed me with how they handled this. I will now tape a colorful card to the top of my LAPTOP with my name and celll number on it. Remember these people have a tuff job but it in the interest our safety...let them checkout your items and harps and give them a smile even when your patience has run THIN !

safe travels to all and happy harpin'
Rob P.