[Harp-L] the river

Joe wrote:
hey all, just watched a youtube video of bruce springteen,,, checkout the river (ny
live).............,anybody have any tips on the licks he is putting down on his marine band?

   Joe, if we are to help you, I suggest you include the url for our convenience.   I searched YouTube and think i found
?the version u are referring to.   My opinion is that in both the studio version and the video has Bruce using a G harp in 1st position.
?At first I thought he was using a D harp in 3rd position but the tipoff that he wasn't using a D harp is the chording that starts a short
?while into his solo.  On my Windows Media Player's counter, at 2:11, I can very clearly hear a chord that is not available on a D
harp.    The url for the video is  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxZKa4NwGo  .
  As for Dylan using any other positions other than 1st & 3rd, I am only aware that he played in 4th position once -- All Along the
Watchtower, i think it was said here on Harp-L.
  As always, sorry if my computer puts question marks into my posts.
Ron