[Harp-L] Bob Dylan as harmonica player

Sorry if I missed some message so I hope not saying again something already seen here on the subject on the past months... I don't know...

I believe that if for me Bob Dylan is really a great musician, a legend, that the main important think for me also is that the person is able to make other people feel happy at better thanks to his music whatever is his own level...
I think that on one side he got many people to start themselves to learn playing harmonica... So somewhere he did a lot for the instrument itself...but on an other side as a person found of harmonica I hope people who does not have perhaps the same talent does not limit themselves to play like him without trying to keep to progress on some other way, to get people happy by listening their own way to play which is not Bob Dylan one since they are not Bob Dylan ;) ..

Otherwise here for example in France, but I guess in lot of other countries, when you say that your are harp player the people say "Oh yes l love the Western music and Bob Dylan", then at this moment if I like westerns and Bob Dylan I feel a bit alone and frustrated because I am not sure that the expression of the instrument itself get the best result on the people across Western, Bob Dylan or....Blues (I like Blues but harmonica is not also only Blues... there is Folk, Country, Celtique, Classical etc...)

In my country at the moment there is a famous young singer playing harmonica also... I am not Fan, just impressed of his success amounf the young people and happy to see many new people starting to learn harmonica when I think this guy is not a very good player, but at list he also makes lot of young people very happy and perhaps among them some new talents are about to appear :) ... What is strange is to see that when they listen a very very good French harp player on the same stage they forget about people like Jean Jacques Milteau or Greg Szlapczinsky or ... of the same place they believes that their "idole" is one of the very best harp player over the world... an equivalent to "love makes you blind" :) ?...  But at least they want to play themselves, but I just hope they do their best for the other and finaly they participate to give a good image of the harmonica as a real instrument and not just a toy...

Patrice Rayon
www.myspace.com/le_ptiloup

Discover the new Windows Vista