[Harp-L] Tony Eyers releases new harmonicatunes site

>Re: [Harp-L] Tony Eyers releases new harmonicatunes site
>
>Visit this site - click on the song examples. This is the best sounding
>traditional harmonica I've heard since experiencing champion Irish Harmonica
>Playing at an IHO. I'm jealous of the speed and clean agility I hear in Tony's
>playing - what the heck is the tuning scheme? privileged information?
>
>Larry

Thanks for nice comments - I'm a long way from things in Australia, and its hard to know if its coming out right. The tuning system is one which I devised, based on the Lee Oskar Melody Maker tuning. There is no secret to it, the details are at http://www.harmonicatunes.com/retuned.shtml

While I highly recommend this tuning, I've actually spent the last couple of years teaching myself to play fiddle tunes (or traditional music, as I call it) on regular diatonics, using first, second and third position. I did this because I was writing an online harmonica course (Harmonica Academy, at http://www.HarmonicaAcademy.com), and I couldn't expect players to adopt a new tuning system in order to take my lessons. If you're interested in how I play, then visit Harmonica Academy. It contains most of my musical brain...

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays