Re: [Harp-L] Brass vs Stainless Steel

Hi, when talking about that that steel reeds are thinner at the base than
brass, I get this idea of a reed that you make considerably thinner on the
middle and a bit thinner at the base - so it reminds of lying B in a shape.
My idea is: If I blow not so hard just the outer part will vibrate giving me
a tone, but when I blow with more pressure the whole reed while start to
vibrate, giving me a lower tone while the higher tone is still sounding.

What do you theory guys think, will it work in theory?

regards
Björn Sigurdsson