[Harp-L] Endorsements

While we are all making endorsements letʼs not forget Winslow Yerxaʼs book which can be purchased at the citations below.  Iʼm going to buy it as a Christmas present to myself in a few months so I can get all of Winslowʼs stuff organized into one place.  It has been my observation that authors often sell their own books [autographed] to make money from the sale as well as the copyright.  Is there any such deal that I should know about?
http://www.amazon.com/Harmonica-Dummies-Sports-Hobbies/dp/047033729X/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/Harmonica-For-Dummies.productCd-047033729X,subcat-ARTS.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Harmonica-for-Dummies_W0QQitemZ170258131568QQihZ007QQcategoryZ268QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-047033729X.html
http://www.smarter.com/music-books/harmonica-for-dummies-/pd--ch-1--pi-10219412.html
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-2739880-1695355?asin=047033729X&afid=yahoosspplp_bmvd&lnm=047033729X|Harmonica_For_Dummies_(For_Dummies_(Sports_&_Hobbies))_:_Books=&ref=tgt_adv_XSNG1060
I wouldnʼt hold my breath waiting for Dave to favorably compare the Marine Band Deluxe with the Seydel 1847.  I donʼt own either, but one must wonder who Hohner is marketing the Marine Bands to.  Like most harmonica technicians, Dave modifies the Marine Band and sells it.
http://www.elkriverharmonicas.com/Elkcustoms.html
My guess is that Dave would include any additional tweaks you wanted made to them no charge, or for a very reasonable price.  I canʼt imagine that the price of a Marine Band Deluxe is any reflection of the increased cost to Hohner, rather than recognition that Hohner is competing with harmonica technicians like Dave.  To me the much maligned Marine Band [with itʼs nails rather than screws] is one of many fine harmonicas FOR ME!  Tinkering with a Marine Band isnʼt a problem, itʼs a challenge.  However, I would recommend the Special 20 or Golden Melody to someone that didnʼt share my outlook.
One of the great things Seydel does is put sound samples on itʼs webcite.
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=211764
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Products/10201/SubProducts/10201C_Chrom
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Products/15301/SubProducts/15301C
I honestly canʼt hear the appeal of steel reeds over the internet.  Otherwise, what is the appeal of owning an incredibly durable harmonica?  A flat harmonica is a good candidate for learning how to tune!  Itʼs the easiest tuning task imaginable, and you do it on a harp, that in your judgment, has lost itʼs value.
I own many Seydel Sessions and Soloists and am very satisfied with all of them.  I just donʼt see the appeal of a metal comb, steel reeds, or rounded channels.  [None of which I own.]  Iʼve been told by knowledgeable people that it doesnʼt make any difference what material the comb is made out of.  Iʼve even been told that the rounded channels of the Soloist Pro donʼt impact sound.  I have trouble with this one!  Note that Seydel compares the steel reeds with brass reeds absent cover plates in their sound samples.  I also have trouble with the notion that cover plates do not impact sound.  Yes, Iʼm pretty good at math and understand the wave-lengths are long and the cover plates are in close.  I was in on this discussion about a month ago.
The way I play, and the fact that I live at altitude, heat distribution and water vapor are a big concern.  For me, wood combs are best, plastic combs are OK, and metal combs are trash.  Nice thick western reeds are also good for blowing out water vapor.
The thing that Iʼd really like to know is how the plastic combed 1847 does in a dishwasher?  I also donʼt see the appeal, but Iʼm curious whether or not it works.  Has anybody out there done that?