[Harp-L] Brass vs Stainless Steel

The link below lists several metals but not brass. I always thought brass to be a softer metal,
but does it's pliability make it easier to bend?  Stainless steel seems stronger but is that a
good thing in a harp?   Any engineers want to chime in?  I'm in over my head.

http://www.materialsengineer.com/A-Metallurgy.htm

I suppose one could do their own experiments. Buy an 'A' of thr MBDL & the
S-1847  and see where you are in a year with the tuning.
Of course, we are going to get into variabilities.  Maybe if Seydal makes such claims,
they should have the white paper to back it up...unless trials are underway.

Drats I just switched over to MBDL too!

--
James Day
www.jameswday.com