Re: [Harp-L] Re: Re: Seydel 1847 v MB Deluxe

Thanks for clearing that up Steve! ;)

  Dave
  ________________
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Steve Baker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I wrote:

stated that he had blown out the stainless steel reeds on an 1847.
Despite the experimentally verified longer life of the current Hohner
classic reeds, people have of course also blown out reeds on the MB
Deluxe. I've trashed quite a few myself. However, the MBDL is not
being sold on the basis of unsubstantiated claims about the longevity
of the reed material. Nothing lasts forever. Like any other material,
stainless steel will fatigue at some point. The louder and more often
you play, the sooner this is likely to be.>

Dave wrote:

listening to everything they've said since before the 1847 came out.
I have yet to read or hear any claim from them that the Seydel 1847
will last forever.>

Dave, I didn't say that Seydel had claimed the 1847 would last
forever. Their catalogue uses the term "very long durability" and the
widespread public speculation on the subject of the longevity of the
1847 reeds is surely not hurting sales. In answer to Farky's question
and your response (and the lack of any other comments) I wrote that
yes, to my knowledge there are documented instances of these
stainless steel reeds fatiguing.

Steve

Steve Baker
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx