[Harp-L] MOV Harmonica Championship coming up Sept. 20/new prize (Cumberland Case)

Thank you so much Dave...........the pleasure is all mine.  It is just a little "Thank You" for all the support to the great harmonica community that has given me so much over the past few years........Thank you all and I hope whoever wins it, enjoys it.

Jeff

Hey... I gotta add something here. I don't have a club here, it's just me in the heart of Yankeedom trying to put this harp contest together. I've never done this before, so it was a bit scary, but I thought it would benefit the instrument to have a contest as part of an old-time a festival. It really felt like I was alone until Jason offered his help to come and judge, be Jason Ricci and play some bluegrass on stage, then Seydel USA footed prizes.

  Well, now there is another. Jeff "The Man" Spoor of the AWESOMEST CASES Cumberland Cases called me out of the blue today and offered a case for a prize... I've not seen it yet, it's on the way but I know it will rule! Rule!

  So, now, the grand prize is a Seydel 1847 in a leather, made in the U.S.A. Cumberland custom harmonica case. That is awesome.

  I am plum flutterated by the generosity of Jason Ricci, Seydel USA and Cumberland Cases. None of these people asked for anything in return. I am Plum flutterated and gentlemen, you can't get much more flutterated than that.

  Dave

  Here is the flier

  Mid Ohio Valley
  Harmonica Championship
  Sept. 20, 2008
  Belleville Homecoming, Belleville, W.Va.
  Sponsored by C.A. Seydel harmonica company and Elk River Harmonicas
  with renowed harmonica virtuoso Jason Ricci as judge.

  Signup 11:30 - noon. Contest starts at noon.
  Entry fee $10, may bring one instrumental accompanist. 5 minute limit for two songs. Jam to follow on nearby Graham Farm.
  Prizes:
  First place: Seydel 1847 harmonica (stainless steel reeds). Cumberland Cases, custom-made leather harmonica case.
  Second place: Seydel Big Six, six-hole stainless-steel reed harmonica.
  Third place: Seydel Solist harmonica.
  Chromatic harmonica players may apply retail value of prize toward a Seydel Chromatic Harmonica.
  Located 12.3 miles south of Parkersburg, W.Va. and 14.5 miles north of Ravenswood, WVa. on W.Va. 68
  For more information, contact dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call (304) 488-7061.

Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com