Re: [Harp-L] playing sitting down (practicing)

My impression is that, for me anyway, my posture's more comfortably erect when standing, thus my breathing is more open and effective, whereas when seated, it feels like my abdomen is slightly compressed.

But when I play acoustic style, and the other musicians are sitting, I often do, too.  However, if I gotta really blow to be heard in an acoustic setting, I find myself standing, sensing that I get more volume that way.

Thus I, for one, feel I breathe my harp better standing than sitting.  Despite what science may say!

-Dave Fertig