Re: [Harp-L] Weber 5F2H Harp Amp

Hey Steve-

Yep, I'm pretty excited about this 5F2H amp.  The speaker was wrong for my
taste, so I didn't play it much before taking it apart.  I compared it to
the Pro Junior only for volume, which was comparable.  (BTW... those little
Pro Jrs can be made into pretty decent harp amps with a few careful mods.)

I use the Weber 10A125-O in my SF Champ, and it's crunch and tone is
outstanding.  However, there isn't room for an alnico magnet in this amp
with the 5E3 cab.  The fat KT66 tube hanging down from chassis will rub on
the speaker magnet, so I've decided to go with the ceramic 12F125-O
speaker.  I had good tone with ceramics in other harp amps, so I'll give
this a try.

I know the OT may be the weak point, so I'll upgrade to something better
soon.  What do you suggest?

Thanks for all your great comments and suggestions.  I'll post sound clips
of the amp to the Blues Harp Amps blog next week when I get the new speaker
and put it all back together.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/