[Harp-L] my Kalamazoo

Hey Folks,

Since I now have a band, I have been leaving my Holland West Side Andy amp
at our studio.  At home I use a Kalamazoo I, I bought on EBay about 3 years
ago.

When I first got this amp I wasn't too impressed with it.  It sounded small
and tinny to me and I left it packed away behind my amp stand where I had
the Holland set up.  Since I've had some time to use it as my home practice
amp I have fallen in love with it and it's gotten to the point that I prefer
it over the Holland.  It isn't very loud but it has a very sweet tone and
just (it seems to me) the right amount of distortion/compression/break-up.
I'm using an Astatic JT-30 with no effects boxes, plugged straight into the
amp , 2d jack.

I'm wondering what happened and I have a couple of ideas.  My tone and
breath control may have improved over the past 3 years, my style may have
changed wherein I now prefer a somewhat cleaner sound (the Holland has a
good bit of crunch).

Any way one of the reasons I'm posting these comments is because I read a
lot of 'what amp should I get?' posts and I just want to mention this little
amp.  I paid $220.00 for mine.  If you want to start working on amplified
blues harmonica this will get you the tone you want.

I have no idea, however, how it would sound in a club, miked through a PA
board.  There may be feed back issues and since there's the loop through the
board I don't know how my Kinder AF+ would work out (I don't use the Kinder
Unit with this amp).

So has anyone used a Kalamazoo in a loud club situation, miked through the
board?

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh