[Harp-L] Dannecker harps from the UK

Rick,

I had Mr. Dannecker tune an old style Meisterklasse in the key of A down to A-flat equal temperament (which he calls straight tuning). I had an almost complete set of old style Meisterklasse pre=MS harmonicas, but I couldn't acquire/find one in A-flat (which i use for C minor=5th position), to complete my set. I was able to acquire an extra in the key of A, so sent it to Mr. Dannecker to be re-tuned (I live in the U.S.). Anyway, he did an excellent job and returned the harp very promptly. Very nice guy, willing to take the time to answer my questions over the telephone about different cover materials and design and very knowledgeable. Also very accessible and responsive via email.

Although i like my old style Meiserklasse harps which are no longer manufactured, I'm currently a Suzuki devotee, otherwise i'd probably have seriously considered purchasing a Dannecker Blues, which is based upon the Hohner MS series configuration with a metal comb. I was favorably impressed with Mr. Dannecker's work and quality of customer service, but i haven't purchased one of his custom harmonicas.

JP

Any body bought one,thoughts? Rick in NZ