Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica within a larger Musical Framework wasRE:Summertime

I thought the solo was done on a Melodica, not a harmonica. Dan Axt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe and Cass Leone" <leone@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica within a larger Musical Framework wasRE:Summertime

On Oct 20, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Rick Dempster wrote:

You could have played him 'Straight no chaser', Joe; that's blues isn't it? Or is it 'A blues', but not 'blues'?
RD

Actually, that's how we wound up doing 'We'll go Round in Circles' (a Billy Preston tune). All the background was done on diatonic but the solo was on the high end of the chromo. S no C is not blues. It's bop. In between progressive jazz and modern jazz.