[Harp-L] Summertime - playing with flash or feel

I think something needs to be said about being appropriate within the
context of the music.  Since, I am obviously the "flash" player in
question with my recent upload of summertime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNw5xA1lJRw  it needs to be said that I
tend to float on the side of feeling vs flash.  The prerecorded
backing track I used calls for a "jazzy" style of playing it wouldn't
have been appropriate to play like fantasia.  American Idol or not, I
think this is a great version of Summertime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WWtGpEqpV4 and that's the style that I
would normally gravitate to if I wasn't playing some neo-indian up
tempo bop version.

To me, playing with feeling is exuding a palpable form of energy.
There is energy and feeling in playing fast and playing slow.  Who
says playing with feeling has to be mournful? I have woeful moments
like anybody else but geez, it just ain't no fun living in that space.
 I'm a rather jolly bloke who loves to fun around. Being happy is a
feeling too.

Speaking of emotions, woe and sadness is a heavy feeling and perhaps
that's why it's associated with slower vibrations. Personally, I can't
stand being around decidedly negative folks for very long, it just
sucks the energy out of me. Perhaps it's the reason I can't stand
watching most blues shows or playing blues for longer than a few
numbers. I dunno about all y'alls but I very much enjoy hanging out
with quick witted happy go lucky people. It's infectious.

I think there is something in "great" music/solos that transcends all
feeling and that's command and natural leadership.  Like a worlock who
draws energy from the aethers and then transforms it in lighting or a
ball of plasmic destruction...ok so that's a little out there but look
at all of the "great" musicians. Doesn't it seem like they are tapped
into something and manifesting it right before your eyes/ears? It does
to me. I've met a few of the world's "elite" musicians and one of the
things they have in common are command and authority, they litterally
drag their audience to whatever place they choose and we as follows
(audience) have no choice but to go there or protest and leave.

Feeling is a component of passion. Passion is a component of command.
Command is a component of authority. Authority is a component of
leadership. Leadership is the conduit to the "god force"