[Harp-L] Louisiana

Hey Harvey,
   Nice job on the old Tennessee Ernie Ford chestnut, "Sixteen Tons".  A
nice minor key tune that I'm surprised more people don't cover, it has such
a strong melody.  I used to have to play it in a band years ago and I think
I was using 4th on it.  But your minor tuned harp sounds good as well.
Looked like you were both having a lot of fun.
   You're lucky to live in a city as vibrant and inspiring as New Orleans.
Talk about a melting pot, a gumbo of humanity!  And the rest of the country
could learn a lesson from "y'all" about tolerance, from what I've witnessed
down there over the years.
   You know, I bought Smoky Greenwell's latest cd from him partly out of
guilt.  I must have chatted with him a half-dozen times at the French Market
the last couple of decades, but never bought one of his recordings.  I just
finished listening to "Between Iraq and a Hard Place" and it's a fine, fine
effort.  Nothing groundbreaking; but a nice, strong blues and r & b
harmonica cd with excellent New Orleans musicianship.  I'm proud to own it.
   If I get down to N'Awluns again, I'll be sure to look you up.  Smoky
mentioned a harpist playing around town that I'm unfamiliar with.  I think
it was Andy Forest.  Can you shed any light on this player for me and
harp-l?

Mick Zaklan