From: dennis moriarty <dmoriarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 01 October 2008 15:27
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Summertime on diatonic (a great one)

With twins about to be born on monday I'm a bit preoccupied so I don't
know if this was mentioned as a reference: I just looked in my itunes
"Summertime" list and I have 13 renditions of it from Dinah Washington
to Coltrane to Aaron Neville to Anita Baker. But you know the one I
like best and the only one that is harp related: It's Mark Ford doing
it relatively acoustically on a diatonic. It's from the compilation
album: "Got Harp If You Want It". There's something pure, and
fresh,and mellifluous about Mark's passionate harp on this version !
My best. d
    http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues