re: [Harp-L] Help from Customizers

The most important tool in harp building is being a good player.  If
you don't understand how to achieve the nuances of every note then how
can you build one?  There is no such thing as set it and forget it.
The reeds dance with each other and depending on what you want the
harp to do, what you do with one reed may or may not affect the other
reeds.

Secondly a decent set of tools helps.  Richard Sleigh has a very nice
tool kit for repairs.  The screwdrivers, shims and reed supporters are
very useful in building a good harp.  Even if you're building harps
everyone should have a repair kit.

***
Harvey Berman wrote:
The customizers on this list have been great about giving free
information on how to make our harps play better, and last longer, and
I am sure they have saved everyone a bunch of money, and greatly
enhances our enjoyment of our instrument of choice..  I am reasonably
sure that everyone on the list appreciates it very much.

My question is this.  Is there anyone out there who is willing to have
us mail them one of our amateur optimized harps, and evaluate it so
that we can know exactly how we are doing.  I am not asking for a free
service, because you have given plently free already.  You could
follow up the evaluation with a phone conversation with suggestions,
and I would imagine that we would be willing to pay extra for your
adjustments.  It would be a great learning experience  and perhaps
take our efforts to the next level.